Saturday, February 2, 2013

Siding and More

So, it's been a while since I posted...again, but like I said in the beginning, building is chaotic. Especially with 3 kids ages 5 and under. In October we received an offer on our old house and closed the first week of November. Our house wasn't finished yet so we had to live with my mother for two months. She doesn't have internet! Can you believe that? There are places in 2013 where internet is still not available! 

Needless to say, I am trying to catch up. 

We are now living in our house! Yay! Everything with the house is finished, except the stone on the fireplace and the yard. It's now February and MUDDY! There's no grass, and no way to "move" mud to do the finish grade. We love the outdoors so I am really looking forward to a yard! 

It's been so long and everything happened so fast that I'm not quite sure of the order of things,  but here are some new photos...

Siding, exterior doors, garage doors and concrete...






Vinyl Shakes under the front porch



If anyone is wondering colors, brands, styles, ect. please comment or email me personally. I would be happy to share! I know I searched and searched for images when I was deciding.

Then came insulation and drywall. The pics were pretty repetitive so here are a few...



We did blown-in insulation with the wet application and 2x6 walls. Our hopes are to have a very well insulated house so we can afford to heat it :) 

Our old house was built in the 50's as a summer home...a.k.a...built cheaply. When we were rehabbing it we found out the insulation was newspaper and brown paper bags wadded up between the walls! Can you believe that? Well, at least is caused us to make sure we have a well insulated house now! 

We have extreme heat and extreme cold here in Missouri. Sometimes in the same week! 


The master bedroom



Upstairs bedroom


Playroom/loft area

I love the ceiling detail! I am a detail person...gotta have details. I'm sure everyone involved in this house is tired of hearing me say that sentence! 


2 comments:

  1. I love this floorplan! My husband and I are currently looking into getting this floorplan customized as you did. Just curious how you like having the walkout basement with it? Hope you're enjoying it, it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Dani! We love having the walkout basement, but then again we live in the Midwest, so a basement is a necessity! Our basement is unfinished and we don't plan on finishing it, but it's great to have the storage and easy access for large items.

      Delete