Monday, October 22, 2012

The Walls Go Up!

So, it's been a long time since I posted! Holy cow we have been busy! I never knew that building a house could take so much time. But, when you are selling a house at the same time as building your houses become your full time job. No joke! The good news is our current house has sold and we are in the process of moving. The bad news is our new house still isn't done. We will be "displaced" for about 2 months. But, I am NOT complaining. I am very happy our house has sold. Did I mention we also have 3 kids ages 5 and and under? Yeah, that's also a full time job. 

So, here these photos show the first floor being framed. 







The first floor seemed to go up pretty fast. The second floor was more complicated and took quite a bit longer, but there is so amazing framing work! 



Please excuse the children in the photos.

This is from the first floor looking up to the second.

And the first floor looked a lot different with a ceiling.

Stairs. Yay!

And then the roof goes on.

Remember when I mentioned the amazing framing work? Here are some photos. 



It looked so cool we didn't want to cover it up! The steel cross beams are pretty awesome too. A crane put those up. 

So stay tuned. I now have a roof, siding, concrete, plumbing, electric, and drywall. More pics will coming soon. 

I would love to hear your comments and questions! 
























No comments:

Post a Comment