Tuesday, June 26, 2012

From the Ground Up

Probably the very most important thing to me is to have a basement! I've lived in Missouri my entire life and somehow or another have never lived somewhere with a basement. In the six years that we have lived here we have had too many close calls with tornados. I must have a basement. 

So, on February 18, 2012 we broke ground! 


Day 1- Taking down trees and digging a little...


After about two weeks of digging and breaking rock (aka breaking the bank) we finally have the foundation dug! 


The forms are up and ready for concrete! 


Of course, nothing is simple and easy. A pump truck was need to to pump the concrete into the the forms for the basement walls. 


And after just a couple of days... I have my very first basement! 


No comments:

Post a Comment